Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer

I took part in another challenge...this time a CAS Challenge with a theme: Think Summer. I CAN - it's so close! :)

What things remind you of Summer?
When I think Summer, I think...

...warm, glorious God-given sunshine!
...kids with popscicles, running through sprinklers, splashing in swimming pools
...trying to keep the house cool and lawn semi-watered
...homemade iced tea, iced coffee or smoothies
...bringing dinner out to hubby in the fields
...time with family, hopefully some vacations ;-)
...and flowers. Beautiful flowers everywhere! :)

My last two posts would've been perfect for this challenge, but obviously they're already posted, lol. ;-)  Instead, I'm going down the path of nature to bring you a clean & simple layout with flowers. 

















Wouldn't a set of these make a great gift? :)

I used the new set "Watercolor Trio" from the Summer Mini catalog - love it! :)

I colored the stamp with my SU markers, stamped off once, then colored again, spritzed with water, stamped, stamped off... honestly I lost count of how many times I did it to achieve the look I was going for, lol!

Well, what do you think?

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up):
Stamps: Watercolor Trio, Kind & Caring Thoughts
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: SU markers, Water mister

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

8 comments:

  1. I love it! This is a wonderful stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inspired to use my new, never used set! This is so soft and lovely. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it I am going to have to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this new set! Love your technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so simple and pretty! A set of cards like this would make a great gift to give! I just love this stamp set and you used it well on this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, sometimes the CAS are the best! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! It would be a great gift idea - and quick to make a set. Love the simplicity and elegance of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is simple elegance at it's best.....very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)