Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Owl Love You Forever

Pun intended. ;-)

I'm so excited to unveil the sweet lil' lovebird card I made for my bro and his wife for their 6th Wedding Anniversary!

















How did I make those adorable owls?  With a PUNCH!!!  Seriously...a new Stampin' Up punch!  It's one that I saw and thought...Yes. Yup. Need that one. :)  I've finally played around with it (I have more projects to share soon), and I was right...it's so fun!

I used a lot of green b/c it's her fave color. :) The leaves are from another great punch, the 2step Bird Punch.  What I love about the owl punch is that it comes with the little heart, even!  I used that heart to make the beak, AND  the bow by the female owl's ear (is it called that?)

You're wondering about the DSP, aren't you?  Well, I'm sorry to say, it's a retired one...called "Afternoon Tea."  I'm trying to give up my DSP hoarding habits. ;-)

Well, what do you think?

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up!)
Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, More Mustard, Garden Green, Afternoon Tea DSP
Accessories: 2way glue pen, Unibal Signo gel pen, XL 2step Owl punch, XL 2step Bird punch

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

15 comments:

  1. It's fabulous, great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Crystal - I LOVE this card! Another nail in the "I have to buy this" box! This is sooooooooo cute! Thanks for blessing my day and bringing a huge smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! Came here from Stampin' Connection! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is too cute. I wasn't going to order this punch but now, I may just have to, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love those little owls.
    I came here from Stampin Connection also. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very cute! this will be on my punch art inspiration of the day tomorrow, so look for a big bump in traffic! I am also a DSP hoarder and I have this very paper. It's just so pretty you don't want to cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extremely cute and very clever! I was wondering how you did the bow at her ear. I love what you did with their eyes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I love the bow you made for her, so clever!!!I love this punch too. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a sweet little card, I love that punch, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do I think? I think its FANTASTIC!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the card as well as the gift! what a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! I am waiting for my order to arrive and this punch is in the box. Can't wait to try it out. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute--just found your blog through Stampin' Connection. I love all the leaves and branches you used. Would love for you to check out my owl punch anniversary card...I made a bow too!
    http://nanceleedy.blogspot.com/2010/08/owl-together-ccmc110.html

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)