Friday, February 11, 2011

Birthday Trio!

When I saw yesterday's challenge (WT) was to create something using birthday stamps/supplies - oh boy was I excited!! :)  You remember, I've been really looking forward to that new birthday set from the Occasions Mini catalog (see sidebar)??!!  Well, I have it now and I was able to use it for this challenge - yahoo! :)

I actually started this yesterday, but was having so much fun that 1 card turned into 3 totally different (yet the same) cards!!  Triple yahoo! :)  I definitely have my fave (middle), but what is yours?















The name of the new Birthday set is called Bring On The Cake, and the lovely striped DSP you see is from a retired pack called Flowers For You. I know, there aren't flowers on this piece, but it's a great little grouping of papers that I fell in love with a couple of years ago, when my girls were even younger. :)  I took the theme of the DSP and complimented it with shades of Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White.  I added dimension to the framed sentiments (of course), and glitter on those two as well. On the other, I added a ruffle of retired satin ribbon for interest.

I've added all 3 to my Etsy site, where I have different angles and closeups of fun stuff like the glitter & such...go check it out! :)

Well, what do you think? Which one is your fave?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

6 comments:

  1. I like all 3 actually, but if I had to choose I would say the one on the right in the photo. I love how the numbers can be highlighted, the colors/contrast in the card are perfect. And I really like how playful it is. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to say Hi and to let you know I think the cards are great. My fav is the one in the middle. Great for everyone! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like all 3, but I have to say since you asked for a favorite, I like the one on the left. I've always wanted to try that ribbon technique. I really like all 3 though. Nice job~ yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!! I also find all three to be nice. I now understand the numbers stamp - dah! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great birthday cards. Cheerful colors. My favorite would be the middle one; love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)