Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Whooooo's Turned 6?!!

My little Beth turned 6!
Once we (finally) decided on a theme, I had a few ideas up my sleeve.

I made this invitation postcard style, with info on the backside.
Front side is Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss cardstocks,
with a computer generated image printed on our Whisper White cardstock.

For her class treats, she decided NOT to have cupcakes.
Instead, we did something else...but I still used the cupcake idea for her party. :)
Here are the class treats:
Here's the cupcakes I HAD to make for the kiddos...
(family party, both sides - 12 kiddos, 21 adults)
And finally...the part I'm pretty excited about:
We look forward to Costco Cake - 2 times a year (girls' birthdays). :)

I usually get one of the "standard" cakes you can choose from,
but this year I decided I really wanted the owl theme fully carried through.

NOOOO...Costco cannot make me an owl cake.
I didn't ask...I just know you have to choose what they have on the board.

So here's what I ordered from Costco:

And here's what I did after much praying, sighing, and overall fear of ruining the cake:

I decorated a cake! AAAACK!!!
It's not professional or perfect by any means,
I know that...but I'm still pretty proud of how it turned out. :)

My daughter was there through the process, as I deliberated
and quoted scripture. Yep - totally did.
"I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me"

We talked about that verse for awhile...
such a nice little heart learning moment, just me and my daughter.

Anyways...I'm really glad it's over...
we took the weekend to recouperate - after cleaning the huge mess, of course. ;)

It was so nice to do something creative again - makes me want to get to work on my craft room so I can get creative again!  It was a bit of a process to even find the items to make the invites! lol

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day!
Crystal







1 comment:

  1. Super, super cute! I may ask you for that Owl invitation template one day! And the cake! Wow! Are you sure you've never had professional training? It looks amazing! (Oh, and I totally understand the love of Costco cakes, they're my fave too.)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)