Monday, November 5, 2012

Triple Layer Snowflake Wow

Hello and Happy Monday! :)

I'm blogging today between loads of laundry, cleaning, and preparing for tonight's GEMS meeting (Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior). So I hope it makes sense with all the starting and stopping! lol

I always try to show at least one technique at my parties, and this last one was no exception. :)  I was really excited to show it, and when I asked the gals what the favorite thing they learned/saw that night was, the unanimous answer was my technique card! :)

So without further adieu...
I give you my "wow" technique card:

It's called "Triple Layer Stamping" and it's really popular right now!

The cool thing about this technique is that even though there's matting around each layer, it still looks as if the stamped images are continuing on through without interruption!



I also made them a template on my computer with measurements and such, emailed after the event.  Hm. Maybe I should film a tutorial and post it here...and include the template too. Whatcha think?

So here's the details:
I stamped the snowflakes from the Snow Swirled stamp set in one of our new InColors - Midnight Muse. LOVE IT!!! I just love the classy look of the simple Whisper White and Midnight Muse. I then stamped "Merry Christmas" from the set Petite Pairs with Midnight Muse ink. Punched it out with our Large Oval punch, and layered it with a Scalloped Oval punch. Popped it up on dimensionals (of course - wink), and finished it off with a coordinating Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon!

Well, what do you think?  I'd love to hear from ya! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so cool! I would love to watch a tutorial on it! I am still subscribed to your youtube channel:) hint hint. lol jk I bet it takes a lot of time to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)