Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Open House Treat!

So, a week after I debuted at my first Craft Show, I held my Annual (Stampin' Up) Holiday Open House at my home. Crazy? YES.

Funny thing though...usually I stress out about the Annual Open House. It's interesting what insane craft mode for 3 weeks straight will do to your psyche. After that, I thought...Open House? Bahhh...no biggie! :)

So where I'm usually making tons and tons of new samples, this year I limited myself to 24-ish, combined with "older" samples that were still legit (not retired product). Kind of nice...however, 24-ish samples (cards AND gifty stuff) done in a week...still a little crazy. ;-)

I always enjoy my time with the ladies who come...some of them I don't see but 1-2 times a year, so it's exciting to see them again and catch up.

In the past, I've offered a couple of free make n takes, and this year was no exception.

I had the card figured out, but had the gifty-item narrowed down to three items. The first, I'm just WAY too embarrassed to show you, lol. It was one of those things that you have this idea, and when it comes to fruition - yeah, not as lovely as you pictured it. ;-)

Here's the runner up (didn't make the cut):
Keep in mind the Open House was on NOVEMBER 19th (wink)


I really liked it, but yet...it just wasn't quite right. It's a rather large scallop die for the Big Shot. It needed two pieces cut, scored at a certain point, and adhered together - I felt it wasn't very easy to line up the two at the bottom.





Instead, I wanted to make something which maybe had more uses, and came up with THIS:

First, it uses the Sizzix Two Tags Die. You get two different cut outs from one die - more for your money! :)  Anywho...whereas the above project is DEFINITELY pumpkin-y, I felt like this one could be changed up to reflect different holidays/birthdays/baby shower/wedding shower, etc. So that's why I chose this project...plus it was a little easier to put together. :)

See the texture?  It's the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. And the leaves? Little Leaves sizzlit.

Yes, we used a lot of BIG SHOT. :)

The ribbon is our 5/8" chocolate satin ribbon, tied with our hemp twine. The stamped sentiment is from Grateful Greetings, which I punched out with the large oval, and backed with the scallop oval punch.

Wanna see what's in it?? OK. :)



What ELSE could it be in November? ;-)

Stampin' Up's small cello bags held the treat nicely. :)













Well, what do you think? Try to look beyond the fact that it is now December. ;-)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead...make my day! :)