Monday, February 13, 2012

Birthday Wishes Butterfly

Hello again!

I'm finally back to share another sample I made for my SAB/Occasions Mini party last month. :)  I'll be honest, it's not my favorite...not my usual CAS style (a little busy for my taste), but you know what? That's ok - it showed what I wanted to show and I'm excited about the elements of it. :)

LOVE this paper. It's called "Everyday Elegance" and it's a FREEbie! :)  Sale-A-Bration is the best time to stock up on product, because you earn FREE product at the same time! :)

Back to the card...what else is there?  Pool Party seam binding ribbon! Tucked under the ribbon is Very Vanilla cardstock punched with our Scallop Trim Border punch.

The sentiment is stamped with Lucky Limeade ink with a stamp from Petite Pairs (love that set), then punched with our Large Oval punch.

And that butterfly. Where on earth did that butterfly come from???

It's handmade, of course! :)  First, I stamped one of the "flowers" from Mixed Bunch (Occasions Mini) with Pool Party ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock. THEN, I punched it out with our new Blossom Punch that matches the Mixed Bunch stamp set. THEN, I cut out a couple of the petals to make a butterfly!  As you can see, there are more layers behind the stamped layer...I just punched out some cardstock with the Blossom Punch, and repeated the same technique. Layered up, and there ya go! :)

What about the body of that butterfly? Where did I manage to procure that beautiful center? Well...here's another little secret for ya...they're our Basic Pearls! :)  I simply colored them with a mixture of crystal effects and Lucky Limeade reinker! That is the beauty of Stampin' Up - everything coordinates! :)

Well, what do you think? I'd so love to hear from ya! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Love the butterfly made from the Blossom Punch. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)