Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine Treat!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! :)

Thought I'd share what my daughter and I have been working on for the last couple of weeks (off and on). ;)  She really loved one of the Make'n Takes that I had the gals do at my recent SAB/Occasions Mini workshop, so that's what we did. I stocked up on Valentine M&Ms when they went on sale, and we got started.

Here's a view of the one my workshop gals made:

The Details:

* Cherry Cobbler cardstock, Whisper White cardstock punched with our Postage Stamp punch.

* Red heart is stamped with I {Heart} Hearts stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink, then punched out with the Heart to Heart punch, and glued on. The smaller heart you see is Pretty in Pink cardstock punched with the Heart to Heart punch and glued on.

Insert M&Ms into plastic sleeve (SU's cello treat bags - a Holiday Mini carryover item), pull off backing, fold over. Fold tented cardstock over top, then staple. Add decor over top of staple, and VOILA! :)

Here's pictures of what my 2nd Grade daughter did - she changed it up a little! :)  Definitely knew what she wanted, no matter how much mom may have tried to talk her out of it (wink). You know what? She was totally right. So cute the way they are - she definitely has an eye for it. SERIOUS! I do ask her opinion from time to time, while I'm crafting, too.  I should've known they'd turn out cute. :)

What's the difference, you ask?

She wanted all RED toppers for the boys, and all PINKs for the girls. :) None of this mixing of red and pink. ;-)

Boys: Cherry Cobbler ink and cardstock

Girls: Melon Mambo ink and cardstock, Pretty in Pink cardstock

Before you get too excited, there aren't THAT many kids in her class. She wanted to add a few for her teacher, Principal, etc...

Here's a closeup of the backside. We stamped a "to/from" (from an old stamp set I refuse to get rid of), then she filled them all out.

Kinda glad to have all the piled-up treats out of the house now. ;-)


Oh, wait a minute!  You're wondering what my Pre-K daughter did for HER treats, aren't you?  I thought so. ;-)




Here's a little peek (yes, forgot to take an after picture):


We did the same thing my eldest (the now 2nd grader) and I did when she was in Kindergarten. Luckily, I wrote about it back then. :)

The only difference is a little bit off on color, and and I used red curling ribbon, curled...instead of what you see in this post HERE (contains a link to the tutorial, too!)


Well, what do you think? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT Valentine's Day! :)
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead...make my day! :)