Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's A Bittersweet Thing...

...this last of the school year stuff.

This morning was the last time I sent my daughter off on the bus to 1st Grade. I'm a sentimental gal...so yes, I did get a little choked up this morning while praying at breakfast. Did pretty well though - I don't think my daughters had a clue.  ;-)

She loves school, so although we're DEFINITELY excited for Summer (ALL of us! )...we're a little sad too. She had a great teacher, a great time learning and playing with her friends, a great year.

Sooo...she's "graduating" to 2nd Grade. At least I'm pretty sure...I keep teasing her that we really don't technically know yet, and is she sure she's moving up to 2nd grade? Her answer? The drawn-out "Mo-om...." :)

In keeping with the graduation theme, I have another card for you today!

















I used (another) old set from last year's Summer Mini catalog, called Go, Graduate. I used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder again, used same colors again (Basic Black, Basic Grey, White) too. Colored the gowns and feet with my Watercolor Crayons and Blender pens, then topped it off with a black satin ribbon, and Voila! :) (The coloring part actually took awhile, lol!)

FYI: This card (and others) can be purchased in my Etsy Shop! :)

Well, what do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead...make my day! :)