Friday, September 27, 2013

Happy 80th Birthday, Grandma!

As I contemplated my Grandma's 80th birthday, I knew I wanted her card to really focus on that this is a special birthday - her 80th!!  I also really wanted to try to match her party theme too - hues of pink and white. :)

It came to me then, that I should make the same card I made HERE, but in pinks!  Perfect!  Well, not saying the card is perfect, just that I was pretty excited to make the idea of it happen. ;)




















Look familiar? ;)

On the card, I used retired colors Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink (one of my fave combos), also retired designer paper "Berry Bliss" and good ol' Whisper White cardstock as my neutral.

I used the "Memorable Moments" stamp set again, using Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink ink.

After stamping, I cut out those beautiful shapes with the Labels Collections Framelits and the NEW Magnetic Platform - I'll say it again - love it, sooo nice to work with!! The framelits stay in place so nicely - no moving around! :)  Also...(forgot to say this in yesterday's post), I paper pierced around the edge of the Regal Rose Label frame. Just gives it a little somethin' extra. :)

Using my Big Shot, I cut out the Pretty in Pink flowers with the Birds & Blooms sizzlit, and the leaves with "Little Leaves" sizzlit in Wild Wasabi cardstock. The top flower is from the itty bitty punch pack. :)  I sponged the edges of the flowers, and then applied the half-back pearls.

Well, what do you think?  Is it okay to use the same design, or should all special cards be original? :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day!
Crystal

1 comment:

Go ahead...make my day! :)