Saturday, October 17, 2009

Grocery Store Bliss

I'll bet you've never thought of those three words in the same sentence, am I right?

Well, I'm here to tell you that it CAN happen! :)

This morning, I went to the grocery store - by MYSELF!!!  Yay!

It wasn't:
Simultaneously unloading kids, locking van, watching for cars, & keeping kids closeby...
Kids arguing about which grocery cart to take...
Kids running off ahead of me, or stepping in front of people...
Kids taking things off the shelf or asking about getting things...

It was:
Taking care of only myself.
Quiet.  Wow, not many shoppers on a Saturday morning...ahh...
Calm...is there a smile on my face??!
People smiling and saying good morning to each other...were they on a blissful adventure, too?

Now, don't get me wrong.  I LOVE my kids, soooo very much. I can't imagine my life without them.  They're my joy, and they're actually pretty well-behaved.  :)

However, sometimes I just need a break once in awhile.  I struggle with the fact that it may be selfish to need that, but I've also come to this realization:  In order for me to be a good mommy, I need to recharge my mommy batteries once in awhile.

Even if it's just a trip to the grocery store for 45 minutes. :)


Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead...make my day! :)