Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Poppy Pear Thanks

With the new Stampin' Up catalog release comes new STUFF! :) New colors, new accessories, new stamps...NEW!!  Wooo Hoo! :)

I've got a quick card to show you, using two of our new "In Colors."  There's always at least one color I *love*, as well as at least one color that I...ahem...don't. ;-)  Some grow on me after awhile.

Today, I'm using one of each on the same card - crazy, I know. ;-)
My absolute FAVE: Pear Pizzaz
My not so FAVE: Poppy Parade

Are you ready for this? Ok.

















Well, what do you think?

I like it!  The poppy is still a bit bright for my taste, but I like how it turned out, just the same. :)

I used the stamp set "Watercolor Trio" from the Summer Mini - still available! :)  Inked it with my markers, stamped, then stamped twice again without reinking.  This technique has several different names, but I'll just tell you to remember generation stamping.

To finish it off, I stamped the sentiment, punched it out, then popped it up on dimensionals (of course - wink).

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Watercolor Trio
Ink: Poppy Parade
Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White
Accessories: SU markers, Large oval punch, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

8 comments:

  1. I don't know what I like better, the title or the card...they both make me smile. The 2 colors actually look quite nice together. I applaud you for finding a way to use a color that you are not too fond of. My favourite in color this year is the concord crush, I love it...the one I, ahem, am not to fond of is blushing bride. LOL, to me it looks like a wanna be pretty in pink. Anyway, I love your card TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings dear friend - a lovely, lovely card. You know, I bought that stamp set and have never used it! My next Stampin' Brunch Bunch is the 31st after I get back from CONVENTION and I have a feeling I will never use it. I should as your card inspires me. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree... I love pear, but don't care for the poppy. I do like them together on your card though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! What size is it? I haven't braved the world of square cards, but this one makes me want to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita - I gave it away already, so I can't measure it, lol! I know it was kind of a weird size...pretty sure 3.5 x 4? I know it's not square (but close), and that it's smaller than normal. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Poppy Parade with the Pear Pizzazz! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, the colors work well together and sometimes it can be so hard to use something you are not so crazy about, but you did great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I think this is so pretty. Nice color combo too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)