Saturday, July 24, 2010

You've Got to Move It, Move It!

It's been a long time, hasn't it?  I'm so sorry about that. :(

Between a camping trip, preparing for said trip, and all the work that comes AFTER said trip...there's not a lot of free time. :)  I completely lost my mojo, on top of that. Not to worry...after taking some time yesterday to enjoy creating again...I've got lots of ideas! :)  Also, I did do a little stamping here and there as needed in that time (birthdays, etc), so I'll share with you those things as well. :)

OK!  On with the show! :)

Yesterday, I was perusing SCS and came across a challenge that inspired me.  It was called "Let's Move It!"  Find ways to make your design move.  Wellllll...I didn't have to think long. Knew exactly what I wanted to do, & which stamp I wanted to use.  I got a little stuck on layout for a bit, but then found a great one here on clean & simple blog: FTL99.  A little messing with color, but then I was set!  :)

It's a spinner card, meaning an item moves and spins!
Are you ready to see it? I'm sure you are.  I've kept you waiting, like 2 weeks. ;-)

















I know, that weird track thing is a little distracting, isn't it?  Sigh...it totally distracts me.  I'm going to make a super-cute card without the track.  But I was on a mission, and I was GOING to make it work, lol! :)  You've never been like that, have you? ;-)

I'm sure you want to see it in action.  Well, I've got a couple of shots to show you, and you'll have to imagine the rest. ;-)





















Hee hee hee...it was fun, even if the track is distracting.  My girls love it. :)

Well, what do you think?

I'm curious to know if there are people out there still reading this blog!  This is my first Summer of blogging...I'm finding out it's definitely not as easy as during the school-year! :)

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Sweet Scoops (Summer Mini)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Island Oasis (Summer Mini)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Rose Red
Accessories: Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Paper snips, Dimensionals
Other: Penny
Technique: Spinner card

Thanks sooooooo much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

9 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal! I read your blog through Google reader every time you post. I love your card. I didn't get that particular set because it didn't speak to me but this is a cute idea.

    Summer was tough on my blogging to! So much to do and so little time. Once my daughter goes back to college next month I will have more free time to create and post I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I never would have thought to use ice cream for the spinner card. I think it looks great!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi, mooi, mooi!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is just too cute!!! what a great idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! i love slider cards and would love to make this for birthday- please share directions. I know summers are busy but I always have time for your blog, your in my top 10!! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this is so cute. This is the first time I see something like this in a card.. I know I am a newbe here.. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for your sweet comment on one of my cards. Love your blog. You are a natural!

    Take care,
    Paulinehttp://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course still checking in and reading, you can take time off, it's allowed. This card is just toooo cute! You did an awesome job using the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I love it! What a great great idea. It's a card we can all relate too, because who hasn't lost a scoop of ice cream on a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is that!! Is there a tutorial coming soon?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)