Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's The Small Things

Awhile back, I had the Saturday morning of my dreams......

The girls slept later than normal - aka - I got to sleep in! :)
The weather was beautiful!

Mom offered to watch the girls so I could go grocery shopping alone - yay!

Both grocery stores (I shop the ads) were fairly quiet & empty...ahhhh...solitude.

I found everything I needed, and forgot nothing.
A new lane opened and the clerk said "I can take you right here" (don't you just love that?) and...

At the finish of my 2nd grocery stop...I was rewarded with THIS!

















YEAH, baby!  It was FREE, too!!!  Some frosty frapuccino thing...yum!

Here ya go, take a closer look:
















Ha ha!  At that point, I didn't CARE that it was a mere 3" tall.  It was so yummy and it capped off the perfect morning...perfectly! :)

It's the small things in this world that can totally make a day.

A card is one of those such things. Give a person a card...and brighten their day. Bring a smile to their face.  That, my friends, is totally worth it. :)

HAPPY WORLD CARDMAKING DAY to all my stamping buddies out there!!  I hope to create something fun today (I mean, what's WCD without making at least one card?!)...and I hope you do too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day!
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you here! My husband is off to Faithfulness Rally at church and I'm home playing in my stamp room, the dog is quietly sleeping on the couch on her blankie and it is POURING OUTSIDE! :))))))) We need the rain so bad. I feel like Sarah from the Sarah Plain and Tall Series - I want to go outside and dance in the rain. Thanks for blessing my day! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect day you had! We all deserve to have one of those more often than we do. Glad you got to enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day you had! Just getting to the supermarket and not forgetting a thing would have been enough to make mine perfect......so I love that you had all those other great things too! Perfect. Thanks for inspiring on WCM day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so love your story. I can so relate. Love the Starbucks drinks.. Pss.. these Starbucks colors are great as a card challenge.. haha..

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)