Wednesday, December 23, 2009

IIIIIIT'S CHRRRRISTMASTIIIIME!!

My parents have this silly singing wreath mom hangs every year, and before it sings, it shouts that out. It's just not Christmas without that thing that has surprised more than one of us at one point or another.   Even though we may roll our eyes at it. ;-)

Sorry for the blogging hiatus.  It's been suuuuper busy around here the last week or so.  Partly because it was my birthday.  Yaay, I love birthdays! :)  The other reason was events, projects, and preparations for Christmas took much of my time. :)

Soooo...here's something I forgot about sharing, even though people asked me about it!  Mmmmmm....yum! 














One evening, my 5yr old daughter and I dipped & sprinkled countless pretzel rods (big ones) and strawberry marshmallows (she wanted to use the "pink" ones).  Now that my daughters are a little older, I feel like they should help me when they can, especially when the gift is from them.  Granted, it's not always the....ahem....EASY route. ;-)  But, it teaches them responsibility, and giving of themselves.  Oh, and it teaches me patience. ;-)

Wanna see the next step?  OK.


















That was my late-night project..((sigh))
Oh, you want to see how I packaged them?  OK.


















Four packages for Sunday School Teachers....and actually...we made some for her bus driver, but I totally spaced when the last day of school came!  I remembered as she was boarding the bus...but I didn't think anyone on the bus would think kindly of me saying "Wait!  Let me run back to my house, package something up, and bring it back!"  Nope.  Maybe I'll remember next year. ;-)

Well, that's all for now.  If you made it all the way to the end of this post....BRAVO!!!  And thank you. :)

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up except "other")
Stamps: Christmas Punch, Serene Snowflakes
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Very Vanilla
Accessories: Scallop oval, Oval, 1/16" and 1/8" circle punches, Med. & small cello bags
Other: Pretzel rods, Marshmallows, Cappucino packets, Red curling ribbon, White lunch bags, Wilton candy melts


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! Found your creations on SCS.
    Happy Holidays!
    Aloha,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally YUMO! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas! Can't wait to hear your announcement too... :0)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)