Friday, December 4, 2009

Whistle A Merry Old Song....

You know, I caught myself whistling a merry tune the other day.  While putting groceries into the van, nonetheless!  Seriously...I couldn't believe it.  Whistling while getting groceries? lol Oh, and it's not like I was there by myself (like in this post), either. ;-)

It wasn't a Christmas tune, in fact I don't remember if it was a specific song, just whistling.  It's amazing how whistling can boost your spirits.  Have you tried it?  You should. :)

Well, that whistling reminded me of someone, and I'd like to remember him for a bit.  My dear, sweet Grandpa S., who would've been 80 today.  I can't believe it's been almost 6 years since he went home to his Heavenly Father.  Writing of him now even brings tears to my eyes...he was a wonderful guy, and I miss him so much.

Sometimes it's hard not to think about the "if onlys" in life, KWIM?  Like...if only he could've met my kids.  He would've loved them so much...and oh, how they would've adored him!  (I was pregnant with my first - a month from my due date when we lost him).

I won't dwell on the "if onlys" too long.  Instead, I will reflect on the wonderful memories, and him as a person.  I'm looking forward to doing so today...to the smiles those memories will bring. :)  I just wanted to take a moment to remember.
 
Happy Birthday Grandpa, I miss you sooo much!  I thank God for the gift of your whistling...a nice remembrance, and the cheer it brings to a day now & then! :)

I'll be back later today to post another installment on my Handmade Gift Idea series. Until then...

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead...make my day! :)