Wednesday, September 22, 2010

GCK - Back to School!

Well, I'm back today as promised...with a series of cards!

I've labeled this series "GCK" or...Greeting Card Kids!  Each card will feature one of the stamps from the set...a cute lil' set from the catalog that my friend & I like to call "Campbell's Soup Kids." You'll soon see why, lol.

I've had such fun with these - they're so fun to color (watercoloring is my fave way to relax when cardmaking)!

We'll start with Back To School...well, because it just makes sense since that's about the time of year it is right now. ;-)

Day 1 - GCK - Back To School!













I used the Pawsitively Prints II DSP as my starting point. Love the bright cheery colors!

I then watercolored the boy & girl image using my markers and aquapainter....ahhhh...did I mention that I *love* watercoloring?! :)

Mounted it on a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock, added a little scallop border of the same color, and colored my white taffeta ribbon to match. :)  The main image, of course, is mounted up on dimensionals. ;-)

It's a pretty CAS card, I'm itchin' to add a little somethin' to it...to me, it screams "I need a couple of brads!"
Well, what do you think?

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Greeting Card Kids
Ink: Black Stazon
Cardstock/Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Poppy Parade, Watercolor, BAB Pawsitively Prints II
Accessories: SU markers, Aquapainter, White taffeta ribbon (colored), Dimensionals
Techniques: Watercoloring

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. This is such a delightful cheerful card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)
    By the way - I've put my AWARD up on my blog and I'm still working on my new blogs. This is so exciting because I'm revisiting some my favorite new blogs. Looking forward to the next card from this cute set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set; in fact, I just ordered it. Your card is really cute and makes me wish my order was here! Thanks for showing this adorable card!! Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have this set but it has yet to see ink. I better get moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute indeed! Love the color choices and it looks great as is- you are enabling me to purchase this set :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)