Thursday, September 23, 2010

GCK - Happy Halloween!

Okay, before I get to Day 2 of my GCK (Greeting Card Kids) Series, I need to admit a little something.

I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween (gasp - I know!). I mean, I let the kids dress up in something cute and say "Happy Halloween" to their grandparents and other relatives, but beyond that, I think this is a holiday that can be very dark.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but I feel like I needed to put that out there first. :)

On the flip-side, since I'm doing this series on the Greeting Card Kids, and this (mighty cute) image is a part of that, I felt like it need to be included (even though I'd rather she was a ballerina or something).  I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out.  Except for ONE thing...read on.

GCK - Happy Halloween!













I just REALLY had a hard time with placement of the sentiment!  I moved it multiple times, multiple places!  AGH!!!  I'm still not incredibly happy with it...love everything else about how the card looks.

Here's the deets: The card base is Basic Black, the next layer is Old Olive run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder. Cut a circle of Rich Razzleberry cardstock out with my Circle Scissors Plus and sponged it with same color ink.  Added some black brads.  Colored the cute lil' pumpkin with my markers and aquapainter.  I also added a splash of color on the 'happy halloween' pieces. :)  Oh. And the main image is up on dimensionals...of course. ;-)

Well, what do you think?  Yesterday's card only received 3 comments -YIKES!  Everyone must be outside enjoying the weather, eh? ;-)

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Greeting Card Kids, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Stazon Black, Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Basic Black, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Watercolor
Accessories: Black brads, 5/8" Black grosgrain ribbon, SU markers, Aquapainter, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Dimensionals
Techniques: Dry embossing, Watercoloring

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

6 comments:

  1. Great job on the card. I love the layout and your coloring looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. I'm with you, I like the cutesy stuff for the little ones, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...this is just too cute! Love the coloring and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the h. holiday. I can't wait for all the wonderful stamp artists to go full-fledged into fall! But having said that - she is cute. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on Halloween- I personally do not make cards for this holiday but this stamp is one of the cuter ones that SU! has created. Love the watercolor and the embossing- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal....I'm almost a Halloween baby..(oct 30th). I LOVE Halloween, but not the gruesome scarey time. My mom always kept my bday separate and insisted on Halloween being fun...SO I LOVE YOUR CARD!! How fun. I love this set. TFS BTW...if you havent guessed, HALLOWEEN IS MY FAV HOLIDAY!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)