Saturday, September 25, 2010

GCK - Be Mine, Valentine

Welcome to Day 4 of my Greeting Card Kids Series!
This is the LAST one....(yay, they say!)

GCK #4 - Be Mine, Valentine















I really like this one. A simple design, yes. I now see the angle on this makes the lace look funny on one side, but oh well.  Yup, handmade 'lace' if you want to call it that.  It was really quite fun to finally try this technique.

The main image is watercolored using my SU markers and aquapainter, the little white petticoat showing under her dress dressed up with liquid applique.  I punched out a strip of Poppy Parade cs with our Eyelet Border punch. Ran it through the crimper, then adhered it to the back of the circle.  The paper I used is called "Pawsitively Prints II", and I think this particular sheet is just perfect for this card! :)

Well, I suppose that is all.  Hope you've enjoyed my series...
Dare I ask what you think? :)

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Greeting Card Kids
Ink: Black Stazon
Cardstock/Paper: Poppy Parade, Watercolor, Pawsitively Prints II
Accessories: SU markers, Aquapainter, Eyelet Border punch, Sticky strip, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

9 comments:

  1. I loved them all! Good job and thanks for inspiring me to use this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the lace, I will have to try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable! I have loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crystal!!!
    Your cards are always just beautiful and this one is no exception!!! Gorgeous is more like it!! I haven't visited you in a while and it's always such a nice surprise!! I just love your style!!!This is one of my fav stamp sets and you've inspired me !!!!
    Thanks for your sweet comments today on my blog!!You made me smile;)
    You're so sweet...hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful sample and I think that the paper lace looks great!

    Thanks again for the inspiration and now I know I will have to put this set on my wish list!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all too! Great job on them. I love the paper you used with the poppy. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards just keep getting cuter, and cuter! My stars - and my address is . . . . . This is so cute with the ruffle around the circle. Thanks for blessing my evening. Have a wonderful Lord's Day tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the cards, this one is just so sweet and such great coloring makes even more adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them all. So cute. I think the lace looks great and love the red checked BG.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)