Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snowflake Series #4 - and TUTORIAL!

Well, it seems like it's taken me all day to get here, but the good news is the house is clean, laundry's done, dinner's in the crockpot, other odds & ends done, AND I got to play with my 4 year old before naptime! :)

*****************************
Hello, and welcome to Day 4 of my Snowflake Series!

Each day with a new project, featuring Stampin' Up's stamp set, Serene Snowflakes!

It all started with the 'secret project' I was working on for Ruth (see bottom of post). One card to make turned into 3, then I got inspired and made several projects to match, using the same materials!

How many of you plan on giving a gift card to someone during this Holiday Season?  Why not dress it up a bit? There are gift card holders out there that are easier (I'm even selling some on my Etsy), but this is one I really like to make, and guests at my workshops have enjoyed as well!

Without further ado, I give you...
Day #4 - Gift Card Holder




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Step 1:  Cut cardstock to 4 1/4" x 11"
Step 2:  Score at 3, 5 1/2, 8

 
 
 

 

 

Step 3: Fold in middle, making a mountain. Then fold each side downward to make valleys.
 
 
 
 
 
  



 Step 4:  Flip cardstock over, making your mountain into a valley. Adhere tape as seen below.

 
 
 
 
 



Step 5:  Press the middle together.
Step 6:  Punch middle section with word window punch (I've also added a circle punch in middle at times)








 




Step 7: Clip middle piece out with scissors, snip rounded corners at end (aka beautify)
Step 8: Add gift card to newly formed pouch.






  

 


Step 9:  Decorate as desired.
VOILA!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Why don't you go take a gander at Ruth's matching project?  Click on the icon below to see the project/review, and enter the giveaway too - time's almost up!!! :)  
WAIT! Don't forget how much I *love* to read your comments - what do you think of today's project?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal 

2 comments:

  1. Another pretty gift card holder with a great tutorial. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Shari said. Thanks again for another great project.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)