Thursday, December 9, 2010

Snowflake Series #7 - and Tutorial!

Well, here we are. The FINAL Snowflake Series Post.  For me, it couldn't come soon enough, lol!  Don't get me wrong...I have loved this series, but...

I just wish sometimes that life could slow down a little and give me time to blog, instead of being busy and having it hang over my head, lol! ;-)

If you've made it with me this far, congratulations...and sorry it's been awhile again...it has been CRAZY around here! :)

Day 7 - Light!













So, this is what is called a Luminary, or Luminare...I'm not sure which, I've seen it spelled both ways. :)

Let's get right into the tutorial, shall we?  It takes a bit of time (perhaps why I haven't had time to post it, lol).

Step 1:  Cut vellum cardstock to 4 1/4 x 8 1/2.
Step 2:  Cut cardstock (Marina Mist) to 2 x 8 1/2.
Step 3:  Score vellum at 2, 4, 6, and 8".
Step 4:  Score cardstock at 2, 4, 6, and 8", flip and score 1/2" from bottom.
Step 5:  Stamp snowflakes on vellum and set aside to dry.

Step 6:  Cut cardstock on score marks along bottom 1/2".
Step 7:  Punch cardstock with scallop edge punch to make decorative edge.
Step 8: Apply sticky strip on edge of 1/2" section of cardstock (see red arrow above), fold at score lines, adhere to itself, making an open ended box. Adhere each bottom corner to each other (I used sticky strip).
Step 9:  Flip vellum over and apply sticky strip along edge of 1/2" section.
 If vellum is not yet dry, carefully dry with heat tool. Fold at score lines.
Step 10:  Adhere the vellum to itself, forming an open ended box.
 Apply sticky strip around bottom edge of box.
Step 11:  VERY CAREFULLY, lower the vellum box into the cardstock box,
 using a bone folder to press the sticky-stripped sides together.
Step 12:  Finish decorating, place LED tealight candle inside, turn on, VOILA!

I feel a little strange saying "voila" after 12 steps, lol!. This is one of those things that may take a little time, but once you've made it, it's easier to whip another one up (easier than explaining, too, lol!)   Hope you were able to figure it out! :)  Oh, and I also added dazzling diamonds to the snowflakes here and there once the box was assembled. :)

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my 7 projects in the Snowflake Series!  There's obviously a lot more you could do with this...in fact, you'll see in the pic below...there's a table placesetting (name)...decided not to show you that in a seperate post. Seven is a good number. ;-)

Oh, and here's a pic of the cards I had Ruth make - which is what started this series in the first place! :)
 (see other Snowflake Series posts for explanation, and more tutorials)
What do you think?

Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

7 comments:

  1. Love it! This has been a great set of posts. I love that set and this shows how it can be used so many different ways. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. While on hold with Stampin' Up I landed here! I LOVE this entire set. Thanks for sharing your wondering ideas and for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards, they are great. I think I love the last one though the best. Great work girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! I just added it to my bookmarks list. Can't wait to try some of these tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Great idea to use a stamp set and make a variety of projects. Get good use from it that way. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved snowflakes you just made me love them even more if that is possible..lol

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)