Thursday, January 5, 2012

Multi Occasion Thanks

I've been procrastinating.

I wonder if any other cardmakers suffer from this affliction. Since my birthday is a few days before Christmas, I like to send out thank you cards for both my birthday and Christmas at the same time. Sooo...I waited until Christmas was over. :)

I had the girls make and write in theirs...they finished last week.

I, on the other hand...I put too much pressure on myself to create this fabulous card that's simple enough to make multiple copies of, yet is still nice. COULD NOT get going on it. Since everyone knows I make my own cards, I have high expectations of myself and get overwhelmed trying to create this great card. Is that weird?  Anyways, it makes the process take much longer than it should. Sometimes (shhhh...don't tell), I wish I could just buy a set of thank-you's. It would be MUCH easier. But I just can't. ;-)

Well, after trying a few things, I finally figured out one I liked. It's simple, to-the-point, yet a little elegant too. Love that it could work for multiple occasions!

Warning: Poor picture quality - took in the evening before running to the Post Office. ;-)




It's a smaller sized card...3.5" x 4.25". I think. :)


Simple, yet stated.






I embossed the whisper white cardstock with the Manhattan Flower embossing folder and my Big Shot.  Stamped the "thank you" from an old Hostess set (LOVE this thank you!)...and that's it! :)

Well, what do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl. Yes, I recognise that! I find, that the more I read of you, the more familiar you become to me - and (this might sound somewhat corny) it feels like I've known you for ages, simply because you remind me so much of - ME!
    I have that same: I should send a great card! Got to be even better than the last! and that one was already supposed to be the best I could do... - yes?
    I do think you've done a great job at your simple/elegant/practical/wow thank you card! Happy belated birthday and a wonderful new year... - keep them coming! (the samples of great cards and things).. <3
    P.S. don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)