Thursday, January 12, 2012

So Here I Sit...

Anyone ever have trouble getting back into the swing of things?
That's me.

Don't get me wrong...everything else is going just fine...but the crafting mojo?
Nope. Nada. Zilch.
Until today.

The crafting bug hit me. I was excited to craft!
Unfortunately, I was in a quandry.
Clean the kitchen or stamp?

**sigh**

I knew if I crafted first, the cleaning most likely wouldn't get done.  We're moving this Summer, so I have this goal of organizing room by room - one a week. Since it's Thursday, I don't have much time left to accomplish this week's goal.  Sooo...I made the "right" choice, and picked up messes around here. Kitchen stuff, clutter stuff. Baby steps. I *did* get a room done last week, and there's still tomorrow! ;-)

Nevermind the fact that the crafting bug hasn't hit in...what feels like forever.

After cleaning, lunch, and snuggling with my daughter while watching a few stampin' videos, naptime came (a little late)...and my I found my crafting bug had disappeared!

So here I sit, mounting stamp sets. Hoping to feel inspiration, but knowing I have no time left today to create.

What about you??

Do you have something you enjoy, but have trouble fitting into your schedule or feeling the "mojo" with?  I'd love to hear from you! Suggestions are welcome, too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Girl, hang in there, it will come. I've been methodically cleaning & organizing my spaces lately too and now that I'm almost done, I've found that suddenly my creative juices are flowing once again! Get rid of as much stuff as you possibly can--you probably won't realize how much it is weighing you down until it is gone. Big hugs my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clean house is a clean head...
    You're a responsible mommy and wife, and so 'first things first' work well with you. Shame for the 'me-time' and 'creative moments' - cause they come second!
    You've accomplished something though (a cleaner kitchen) and you've got a massive task ahead of you : moving - so my suggestion is to 'divide and conquer' (yes yes).
    During the day: do the things that should be done!
    At night and at naptime: Enjoy!
    And don't sit there waiting for the juices to flow. Pour yourself a drink, and get out some paper, or find a sample of something you like to put your spin on - and just start doing it! And don't stop till you're done :) (or till the little one wakes up)
    And don't go to bed too late! or you won't be able to do it again the next day!)
    Either way - whatever you do, do it well, and enjoy it! <3
    P.S. Naptime?? Can anyone tell me how to get my 2 year old to nap??

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)