Saturday, April 3, 2010

PS Technique Sample #3

Well, here we are at Day 3...

This is another very simple card to make, using the Polished Stone Technique.  For a tutorial on how to achieve this technique, go to my video HERE


















I actually used a silver reinker on this one too, but not enough to show up a lot...probably can't even see it.  If you click on the pic you might be able to see it here & there. :)

This is from one of my favorite sets, "Inspired By Nature."  As on yesterday's card, I embossed the main image.  Stamped the coneflowers with SU Craft Black ink, applied black embossing powder, and embossed with my heat tool. I just love the contrast of the black on the background - love it! :)  Again, I made this layout VERY simple, to draw attention to the technique. :)

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Inspired By Nature

Ink: Craft Basic Black
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Glossy White
Accessories: Black EP, Heat tool, Reinkers (Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue, Ballet Blue)
Other: Rubbing alcohol, Cotton balls
Technique: Polished Stone

Stay tuned...tomorrow's card is to celebrate EASTER!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one, so soft and gentle - just like the Joshua Bell violin piece playing for me right now. Easter Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also one of my favorite sets!! This card is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)