Thursday, January 20, 2011

Beautiful Things

WHEW! It's been quite a day!  I didn't even get to sit down and LOOK for a stamping challenge until about 2:30pm. Good news, I've gotten much accomplished today. :)

Including stamping!! YAY!!

The challenge: (Ways To) Use Gradient!
What does this mean?  Apply multiple colors or shades of ink to the same stamp, by swiping the color onto it.

I've NEVER done this before.

I could do it again....and probably will because it was kinda fun! :)  I really like how it turned out, except for where I messed up a little with the green and blue. But ya know what?  I decided that it will be just fine...I have too many other things to do today without taking the time to redo it.

So, ya in the mood for rainbows and hearts? lol
Well, that's what I'm giving ya. ;-)
















You're wondering WHAT stamp set this is from, aren't you?  Well, I'm sorry to say it's not Stampin' Up. I don't remember where I got it or how long ago (it's been years)...I just know it's never seen ink (I know), and I thought it would be fun with this technique. :)

The colors I swiped: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point

I then punched out a Real Red heart with my SU Heart to Heart punch and popped it up with a dimensional, then added red stickles to make it sparkle. It's been a LONG time since I've used stickles, lol!

Well, what do you think?  I'd love to hear from ya!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. I would love to see you post some step by step pictures for this technique so I could see how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun technique. Reminds me of the old stamp pads SU use to carry with different shades. I'll have to give it a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card and pretty with all those colors. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)