Thursday, November 12, 2009

Scenic Season, Part 1

This is the first of a few to show you using the new Stampin' Up!
set called "Scenic Season".  I love the simple elegance of this set.

I used SU's Sizzix Bigz Scallop Square die for the base for something a little "different".

I'm not thrilled with it as the base for THIS particular card, but but I'll share it anyways, and try again on a different card - I know it could look great! :)

At first glance, you cannot see the beautiful SHIMMER on this! :(
Click on the picture...you should be able to see it closer up...see the light sparkly shimmer?!

I spritzed it with a homemade concoction made from the NEW shimmer paint in Stampin' Up's mini catalog (the red one on your right)!  Sooo fun.  I've been wanting to spray everything I make! lol  Oh, if only you could see this IRL.  It's gorgeous!! 

Maybe next time, I'd make the ribbon at the top into a bow, instead of the plain knot...but other than that...I like it! :)

I used a technique called "masking" to make the moon. :)















The Small Print (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Scenic Season
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, Naturals White
Ink: Always Artichoke, Brocade Blue, Old Olive? (last two for sponging)
Accessories: Circle punch, Stampin' Sponges, SU Sizzix Scalloped Square, Night Of Navy ribbon

Technique: Masking

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful card-love the shimmer you added as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so pretty. I love this stamp set and you did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)