Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Thankful Heart

I was driving to demo at a Stampin' Up party this morning, and something small made me think a little deeper.  Something so insignificant in life, but I'm so glad I noticed, because it led to an idea.

I have vowed to find at least ONE thing to be thankful for, every day this month.

What happened??!!  You might be asking.
Well, like I said, it's small...but here's what happened:

"YAY!!  No more detour on the way to _____!!"  Is what passed through my mind as I drove.  We only go to that town (20-25 min away) maybe once a week, but I was just so grateful that the construction was done, and no more detour to avoid. :)

Seems a crazy thing to be thankful for.
But what it led me to is what I'm most excited to tell you about!

With Thanksgiving approaching, I am reminded of the sometimes seemingly rote "what are you thankful for this year" tradition many people ask at their Thanksgiving dinners.  Why is it that we only think of it on that special day?  Don't get me wrong...this is a good thing, and I'm glad there IS a special day to remember.  My question is more "why does it take a special day?"

How much better would each day be if we found at least ONE thing to be thankful for?

So now, will you do this with me?  Don't worry, I won't hunt you down or anything, lol.  This is a personal heart-thing...you don't even have to tell me you're doing it! :)

I think that one month could lead to a lifetime of thankful hearts! :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead...make my day! :)