Monday, January 11, 2010

Saying Goodbye...

...to loved ones is one of the hardest things in a person's life.

You know, I've often said masculine cards are the hardest to make.

I've changed my mind.

Today, many people will be saying "goodbye" to a local man who died tragically last week in a farming accident.  He was only 30 years old, and it has rocked our small community to the core.

A sympathy card for such an occasion is difficult to make.  Especially when you know the people personally...related multiple ways, grow up with them, go to church with them, your children go to school together...

Crying many tears, my heart aches at the devastation that his sweet young wife, three precious daughters, father, mother, sisters, brother, in-laws, family, friends, and collegues must be feeling.  Though he was a Christian and is now with his Heavenly Father, I have struggled with this situation. I am not questioning God...I do trust that this happened for a reason.  But my aching heart is having trouble grasping the whys, and hurting for those who love him most.

I *finally* came up with a card that I'm okay with.  It has been a struggle, though I know that this card doesn't matter much in the scope of things.  But it is my way of saying "I'm sorry" and I want it to be perfect for that.  Does that make sense?

((Deep breath))

Sorry this is so long....I wanted to not only give the background to explain the card, but to reach out there and ask YOU to pray for these families, too.  Please do.

Here's what I came up with:
...a Praying for You card (with a masculine touch)















The Small Print (All Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Paper/Cardstock: To The Nines DSP, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Soft Suede & Always Artichoke markers, Soft suede ribbon, Large oval punch, Dimensionals

Remember to leave a comment to win blog candy (click) HERE by 10am PST today.


Thank you for stopping by, have a blessed day...and hug the ones you love.
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Your card is filled with love and caring and that's what is important. It is a very attractive, appropriate, pretty card.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your card on SCS and favorited it, so it must be a good choice. Just wanted to reassure you. I think the image of tree is an enduring one and a call to strength and perseverence through the seasons. My cousin died last week of cancer in his 30s...I somewhat know the "God?" feelings you wrestle with. And yet, dying is part of his plan for us, though the pain hurts here on earth. Prayers for you and yours today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card was beautiful--your sentiments and card--even more so. Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very lovely, and will have meaning beyond the paper..I Pray for comfort and understanding as you, and his family go through such a faith trying experience. I bought a non SU stamp for it's sentiment. 'Lean on God and not your own Understanding'. So hard for us to do when tragedies like this happen. So I Pray for you and yours to have that strength, Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)