Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spring Bird With A Message

Would you like to see another project using NEW stuff from Stampin' Up?!  You would?

I'd be happy to oblige.
See, I told you I've been busy makin' stuff! ;-)

















I am soo excited to share this one with you!  I've been hanging onto it for awhile....didn't want to put it in the middle of all the Valentiney stuff. ;-)

WHEW!  So much to explain! :)

First of all, I'll say the only things that AREN'T new, are: cardstock, brads, and birthday message stamp.  The rest is ALL from the Occasions Mini (see sidebar)...please contact me to place an order! :)

The bird, his wing, AND the growing leaves below are ALL from one punch! :)

The message from my Spring bird is part of the "happy birthday" stamp from a set called Stem Sayings.  I popped him up on dimensionals...cause you know how much I love those. ;-)  His wing is from the Sweet Pea DSP pack.

The flowers and grass are from the Eggcellent Eggs Kit.

And now comes the BEST part.  The fence!
How on earth did I make that?

I got the idea from uber-talented Jackie Topa.  Actually the whole fenceline/flowers/grass portion of this card is pretty much her design.  I changed the growing leaves part a little, and the rest of the card is mine, but the fenceline thing is hers. She has a great little set here...look in the back, at the card holder. That's where my idea is from. Thanks Jackie! :)

Anywho...the fence is made by cutting strips of white cardstock, and punching off the ends with the NEW medium jewelry tag punch! :)

The Small Print (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Stem Sayings
Cardstock/Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Sweet Pea Designer Paper
Ink: Going Gray, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Eggcellent Eggs kit, Stampin' Sponge, Extra Lg Two-Step Bird punch, Medium Jewelry Tag punch, Soft subtles brads, SNAIL, Dimensionals, Thread

Well, what do you think? 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. This card is just gorgeous! And thanks for the link!
    BTW, aren't you just LOVING Stampin'Connections?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable!!! I love everything about your card. It's just beautiful! It's a lucky person who gets THIS card!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY cute, Crystal!!! Truly inspired. :) Amy S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very creative! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)