Thursday, January 14, 2010

Weathered Birdie

Here's another card made this week...

A masculine "Thinking of You" card without actually saying so. ;-)
Something I really like about this card is that it could be used for many occasions!

Oh, and I love that I was able to use some of my new stuff! ;-)


















Well, most of it new to me, anyways.
The BG stamp is Stampin' Up's "Woodgrain", the bird is from Stampin' Up's "Friends 24-7". 

The 5/8" satin ribbon IS new...it's in the Occasions Mini catalog.  Have you checked it out yet?  Oh my....it's WONDERFUL!!  So many fun things in there! Go ahead, go to the RH sidebar & click on the pic! :)

Anyways....here's a bit of what I did:
  • I lightly colored the main image with my watercolor crayons and aquapainter...didn't want too much color to overwhelm the project.  Popped the main image up on dimensionals.
  • I sponged the edges, into the BG, and around the main image with Close to Cocoa ink, added a punched out piece of "Thoroughly Modern" DSP behind the clear button, tying the linen thread for the finish! 
The Small Print (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Friends 24-7, Woodgrain BG
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Cardstock/Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory, Thoroughly Modern DSP
Accessories: Sponges, Watercolor crayons, Aquapainter, Clear button, Linen Thread, Pop-up glue dot, Dimensionals

Well, what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day! :)
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. I love this card! That BG stamp pairs perfectly with the bird image! And the card is so versatile! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great masculine card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the Woodgrain background stamped on Kraft cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love this! I have such a hard time coming up with masculine cards. I'm going to have to keep my eye on you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...make my day! :)